The Alliance is dedicated to helping conserve, protect and enhance National Parks and other Protected Landscapes in Wales for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone living in, working in or visiting them now or in the future.
In furtherance of its mission, the Alliance aims to:
- promote a greater understanding by demonstrating the sustainable benefits theses special places can bring to the health of society, the environment and the economy of Wales
- facilitate greater appreciation of and access to them
- strengthen the support and challenge threats to them
- encourage society and Government to become more committed to look after them
In respect of National Parks and other Protected Landscapes in Wales, the Alliance’s purposes are:-
- To be a strong watchdog and advocacy body to protect and promote them.
- To build a wider partnership understanding of and support for them ‘through membership of the Alliance
- To represent a collective, independent voice for voluntary sector interests in them.
- To lead and represent the collective interests of the Alliance’s members and stakeholders in Wales for them, advising upon and influencing policy at the highest political levels, including the Welsh Government
- To develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, funders and the wider public to support the work of the Alliance in Wales, in particular with the NPAs, NRW, CNP, National Parks Wales and Welsh Government.
The Alliance makes representations to/submits responses on consultations to the Welsh Government or any other body that has influence over the future of National Parks and other Protected Landscapes in Wales.
For all our submissions and public statements please go to our News page.